Monday, March 5, 2012

Meet Reginald!

Reginald is the largest supporting character in the story. Essentially, he manages a grocery store in the small town where our story takes place. The script describes him simply:

"REGINALD (40), the store manager, a tall, plump man with illfitting pants and an infectious smile..."

In a larger sense, Reginald represents that segment of society that is perhaps least caring about his fellow man. He's not a jerk, exactly... he simply has a cynical view on life and a tough-love approach to other people. He's worked hard to get his small piece of the American pie and he certainly didn't get there by giving money to the homeless or reading to the elderly. He's smart enough to see the warning signs that something is very wrong in his community, but he figures it's someone else's problem, not his. He's about to be proven very wrong!

I knew I wanted someone great to play this part, so Jon and I brainstormed and came up with a list of about fifteen dream cast choices. I narrowed that down further and reached out to one actor over the weekend.

Today I'm happy to announce that Reginald will be played by the wonderfully talented Stephen Geoffreys! (Fright Night, 976-Evil, Sick Girl, New Terminal Hotel, etc.)

I can't tell you how thrilled this makes me.

With this final part now filled, the cast for Eggs is officially locked and in place. I'll post an introduction to the rest of the cast later this week. Thanks for reading!

~Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment